When you are adding new actions in a Action-driven framework,
make sure if the action is taking input parameters or not.
If it is taking Input parameters , you can insert input parameters by selecting Action Properties
click Parameters tab, click on + button, type the parameter name, its type and click OK
Important points on QTP Actions
- By default, Action is reusable action.
- All functions defined inside action are local to that action only.
- When you insert new action, Action2 is executed only after Action1 which is already created.
- Each action created has its own Datatable and Object Repository specific to Action.
- Action0 folder is created for each QTP test, when you open script.mts in Action0 folder,
RunAction Action1, OneIteration by default.
QTP when it startsrunning a Test, it actually reads "script.mts" from Action0 and calls respective Actions sequentially mentioned in the file.